Skip to main content

Win $50! With The Stripping Aristologist - Contest

NOTE: Due to personal illness I have not been available and therefore have extended the contest through October 31st @ 4:00 PM CST.

Well the September Contest is finally here. I have been pretty much MIA for a little over a week to take care of some offline "stuff." By the way, it is nigh on impossible to blog by cell phone. I am back now though and getting into the groove again and felt like giving something away!

The contest rules are simple. Of course I can't make them totally idiot proof, last month proved that :), because there will always be some "brilliant" idiot that makes it through all the idiot proofing in place. That said here it is. Oh and read everything before doing anything :) .

The Contest

Guess my favorite Gourmet Chef. You don't even have to be right to win! I have been asked many times why I sometimes blog about Boca Java Coffee, La Cense Beef, and Dale and Thomas Popcorn as Seen on Rachel Ray!. Well it is for two reasons. One, as an amateur aristologist I love unique and gourmet foods and I have tried these and really like them. Two, it is about money. Shocking I know, but I am an affiliate marketer.

Now I had a few complaints last month about the subjectivity of the contest, always someone to complain, so I have given it some thought. I like the idea of people guessing something. It is fun and actually requires a bit of thought. That being said this contest will have two ways to win. See the rules below for details.

The Rules



  1. Post an article with your guess on your blog linking back to THIS article using the keywords Stripping Aristologist. There also needs to be one more link back to the home page of this blog using the keywords Profitable Affiliate Marketing.
    Got it? Two links required. Check out Vijay's entry post to get an idea of a good entry.

  2. Example: Profitable Productive Blogging a blog about Profitable Affiliate Marketing is running a contest The Stripping Aristologist where you can win $50 cash and a bonus prize valued at $25. The contest is to guess Cman's favorite gourmet chef. The winner is picked at random from all entries so you don't have to be right to win. If the winner is right however, they will win a bonus prize valued at $25.

  3. Post a comment to this post including your guess and a link to your entry post. I will sequentially assign numbers to the entries in the order the comments are received. These assigned numbers will be your entry number.

  4. To be valid entries must include the post on your blog with your guess and both required links, and the comment with guess and link to your post.

  5. A winning number will be generated at random using the number generator at Random.org

  6. Here is the good part. If the random winner also correctly guesses my favorite Gourmet Chef they will win a second bonus prize.

  7. Since I was a bit late with the contest start day I will run it until Monday, October 15, 2007 4:00 P.M. CST.

The Prize!



  1. The random entry winner will receive what we all like the best CASH, $50 to be exact.

  2. If the above winner also correctly guesses my favorite gourmet chef I will award a bonus prize of a $25 gift certificate to their choice of Boca Java Coffee, or Dale and Thomas Popcorn as Seen on Rachel Ray!. Here is a hint Rachel Ray is not the answer.
There it is. Good luck to all of you and if you just can't wait head on over to some of the sites mentioned above and try out some of the great products. Like I said, I have tried them all, love 'em, and highly recommend them.

Related Articles:
Boca Java, Rush Limbaugh And Affiliate Marketing
Dance The Success 2 Step with La Cense
I'll Literally Give You Toast With Jam and $20


Check out this and other Contests at ContestBlogger!

later all and have a profitable and productive blogging day

Get more profitable and productive information by subscribing to my newsletter! or clicking the links below to subscribe to my feed, bookmark my site, or add me to your favorites.



    Comments

    I'm entered!
    http://acowboyswife.blogspot.com/2007/09/killing-few-birds-with-one-stone.html
    Anonymous said…
    interesting.. but how will you release thec cash prize. i bet its through paypal.. no paypal in our country so i guess i cant join your contest.
    Anonymous said…
    Here's my entry: http://captaincontest.com/win-50-bonus-25/

    My guess at the gourmet chef is Gordon Ramsey.
    Anonymous said…
    Hi there

    I blogged about your contest on Contest Beat here - http://www.contestbeat.com/guess-a-chef-incorrectly-win-50/

    All we do is write about contests in the blogosphere so hopefully we can send you a few more entries too!

    Regards, Matt.
    Anonymous said…
    I already know I guessed wrong, but oh well. Nice contest anyways!
    Entry here - http://www.thelinkbait.com/50-for-guessing-wrong-no-way-im-in/
    Anton Olsen said…
    I'm in with a guess of Julia Child.
    http://contest.lr2.com/2007/09/19/win-50-with-the-stripping-aristologist/
    Anonymous said…
    Great Contest!! I Just wanted to let you know that my subscribers are wanting Blog contest updates so I have now added a section dedicated to this type of contest on my website MrPrizes.com (http://www.mrprizes.com). I have added this listing and will also add any new ones that you let me know about. Have a great day!
    Anonymous said…
    I have blogged about your contest HERE

    My guess is: Anthony Bourdain
    Proletariatof1 said…
    Thank you to all of you who have entered. There are some great entries and I wish you all good luck. Spread the word about the contest!
    Anonymous said…
    Alton Brown


    (loved watching him on Food Network when we had tv still)... he was funny, smart, and goofy all at once.


    I blogged your contest too (which you know already. :) Thanks for stopping by!).
    Monday Edition of Contests Galore
    Proletariatof1 said…
    @laura
    Thanks for stopping by and entering. And once more thanks for mentioning the contest.
    Anonymous said…
    Hi,
    my entry is at
    http://contester.wordpress.com/2007/09/26/guess-the-gourmet-chef-and-win-upto-75/

    Also, my guess would be Michael Elsner..

    Do confirm my entry into the contest

    Thanks,
    Vijay
    Anonymous said…
    My guess is Rachel Ray! Why Rachel Ray? Because she's the cutest! So bubbly and pretty and she looks great in jeans! (She should show it off more instead of hiding it all the time! Where is Sir Mix-a-Lot when we need some encouragement! ;) )

    My post is here

    anastasia_falling@yahoo.com
    Proletariatof1 said…
    @anastasia

    thanks for stopping by and entering.

    Rachel is kinda cute isn't she?
    Erz said…
    My guess is Paula Deen.

    Here's my entry:
    http://blogodise.blogspot.com/2007/10/win-50-with-stripping-aristologist.html

    Thanks!
    Anonymous said…
    Here is my entry:
    http://internationalfreebies.blogspot.com/2007/10/blog-contest-50_10.html

    My guess is Chef Herve Fucho, if you've ever heard of him. :D
    Proletariatof1 said…
    DUE TO ILLNESS I HAVE EXTENDED THE CONTEST THROUGH THE 31st

    Popular posts from this blog

    Give Viral Marketing A Chance !

    ==== Copy and Paste below this line ==== Instructions: Important Update - Please read here ! 1.) Copy and paste (for those of you using blogger post in the compose tab, not the edit html tab, of your post editor) the matrix of “ViralTags” below courtesy of Founders Cafe ( to support Jimmy’s quest of launching his own Internet Startup with a shoestring budget, please consider subscribing to his Full RSS Feed to see his triumphs and struggles in real time ). 2.) Substitute the Host Tag and one of the “Viral Tags” in the matrix with your anchor text of choice with your blog’s URL. Please keep anchor text to a max of 3 words to keep the matrix size manageable. 3.) When you get a ping back from someone that has your link in one of their “Viral Tags”, practice good karma by copying his/her Host Tag’s anchor text (automatically the associated link will also be copied) and paste it over one of your “Viral Tags” below. 4.) Encourage and invite your readers to do the same and soon this

    What the F Does the C Stand 4

    I know all of you have been waiting with baited breathe for my first contest. Well we are taking the plunge together. Here is the chance for all of you to win something for doing almost nothing. Hopefully you won't think this Contest is full of Sh-t . For many many years I have had the "nickname," I guess you could call it, of Cman. Here lately, probably due in part to #10 in my 10 Reasons John Chow Probably Thinks This Blog Is About Him article, I have been getting asked more and more what the C in Cman stands for. Herein lays the focus of this contest. For the person who can guess what the C in Cman stands for I will give them $100. If multiple people guess correctly the winner will be chosen by random drawing from among the correct entries. If no one guesses correctly I will randomly pick from all entries and will award the winner of the losers $20. Clarification: 1. In the words of Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez, "There can be only One." Winner that is. E

    The Stripping Aristologist Contest Winner

    Well as you can see from the above screen capture the winning entry is #5. Heading over to the contest post and looking through the comments and the trackbacks I found that Anton of Link Right Contests was entry #5 with his guess of Julia Child. The actual answer was incorrect so he won the $50 but not the bonus prize. I was a bit generous to 2 entries that commented and entered but did not give the link. I had to search their blog to find the answer. There were several that commented and gave a link to their blog but I could not find a post about the contest or any links back to this blog. Anywho....Congrats to Anton and thank you all so much for reading and taking the time to interact with this blog and really make it what it is. Oh and Anton you might want to consider some kind of Contact Me link for your blog. Other than trackback to your post and a comment I have no way to contact you regarding your winning entry. Having a Contact Me is one of the first things any blogger should