Skip to main content

Guck Foogle - Screw Google - Same Thing Different Words

It is interesting that just recently Jeremy "ShoeMoney" Schoemaker, in his keynote speech at IzeaFest, talked about having a Screw Google Mentality. Now in his recent article about the same topic he reminds people that you must take the remarks within the context of being a successful webmaster.

Basically if people pretended like Google never existed or like they were blacklisting in Google its the best thing they could ever do. This applies from many things Google… From SEO to AdSense. - Shoemoney
Around this time last year when the whole paid link no-follow google PR update issue was big I wrote a satirical viral linking article I titled Guck Foogle - Give Google A Virus. I don't blog for approval from google. I don't blog to increase my PR. I blog for readers and ultimately to make money. My attitude is screw google, and has been for quite a while.

Now the response I got was pretty much as expected as far as the viral marketing goes. I really wasn't looking for that to do anything as the point of the article was satire not actual viral marketing. I did however get an interesting comment about the article. Here is the comment -
This is the kind of idiocy people expect with publishers milking google's system.

First off, it's Google's search engine, not Google itself that f*cked you and everyone living off the High PR so if you have a highly trafficked site you're bound to be unaffected unless you start buying/selling links. I see Google's PR update as a way to restart an already saturated market and people like you start jumping about it talking about a switch. I remind you it's a SEARCH ENGINE. You get hits on how good your SEO is not your PR.

Secondly what good will your post do? Oh I know viral linking. No thanks, I hate pingback/trackback spam especially from money making sites who's out to make money for themselves.

Thirdly, might I remind you that your blog is still working on the Blogger system which is a Google company. Even if your content is hosted on a server that you own they can still kill your site because it's inevitably tied with Google.

Fourthly, revenue from ANY PPC program is highly dependent on your traffic. If 90% of your traffic comes from social networking sites then don't bother. You're only going to get clicking at a rate of about 1/10000 hits.

Fifthly, if you still haven't noticed blogrush is a scam so I suggest dropping it.
Here is my response (just a note I don't get nearly as much traffic from blogrush as I was back then ;)) -
Wow did you miss the point!!!

Okay I know it is a search engine I use everyday. In fact it is my home page. I haven't been f*cked by google the search engine, adwords, gmail, blogger etc... I do believe however that Google is f*cking themselves by f*cking around with everyone's pagerank. They are making PR an insignificant metric in the blogging world. I had a PR3 before moving to my own domain, and now I am unranked, which I don't have a problem with. I am getting more traffic than ever and revenue is higher than ever as well.

I actually get a good amount of hits from google because I have good SEO on this site. I also get quite a few hits from yahoo, ask, snap, and all the rest. Google is only about 25% of total search engine traffic for me.

To your second point. The post is voluntary. Don't like it don't participate. Hell, you don't even have to spend the time commenting. But you did, so the post was effective wasn't it? Now maybe that was the point?

Thirdly I'm getting old but not yet senile so I do know that my blog is still working off the blogger system. I do actually log in about everyday. Thanks for reminding me though, that would be a bad thing to forget.

Fourthly, thanks for stating the obvious. I thought you could make money on PPC ads without traffic or clicks. Damn that is what I've been doing wrong. I'll have to get right on that. Although my CTR is muuuuch higher than 1/10000.

Fifthly, I get about 5 times more traffic a month from Blogrush than I do from Google at absolutely no cost. I guess I missed the scam part. You weren't so obvious on this point as the last one.

Well it has been nice chatting with you. And thanks for commenting. Now maybe you get the point.
The conversation continued with this poor excuse for a response :)
Actually no.
Using your sarcastic comment on my 4th point means your much more of a troll than I am.
Too which I responded, with my usual wit I might add,
Wow and you still don't get it. The point of the post was satirical not literal. Well I do thank you for reading, although based on your last comment you don't read my blog enough, which you should remedy. I do have, just a very tiny bit mind you, a sarcastic bent to my humor.

Again thanks for reading. I have to get back to milking the teet of google. Oh yeah and being a troll. Good thing I sold some beer today, actually a hell of a lot, or I would be in a bad mood. Dang that 66% CTR and 5% STC
This site has been basically blacklisted by google and I have survived. Now granted the site took a hit when I wasn't blogging very regularly but, I have been on a bit of a comeback lately. What is your opinion in this debate? Do you agree with me and Shoe?

later all and have a profitable and productive blogging day

Get more profitable and productive information by subscribing to my FEED or clicking the links below to subscribe to my feed, bookmark my site, or add me to your favorites. You also might want to check out my other blog Cman's Cognitive Content.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the F Does the C Stand 4

I know all of you have been waiting with baited breathe for my first contest. Well we are taking the plunge together. Here is the chance for all of you to win something for doing almost nothing. Hopefully you won't think this Contest is full of Sh-t . For many many years I have had the "nickname," I guess you could call it, of Cman. Here lately, probably due in part to #10 in my 10 Reasons John Chow Probably Thinks This Blog Is About Him article, I have been getting asked more and more what the C in Cman stands for. Herein lays the focus of this contest. For the person who can guess what the C in Cman stands for I will give them $100. If multiple people guess correctly the winner will be chosen by random drawing from among the correct entries. If no one guesses correctly I will randomly pick from all entries and will award the winner of the losers $20. Clarification: 1. In the words of Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez, "There can be only One." Winner that is. E

The Stripping Aristologist Contest Winner

Well as you can see from the above screen capture the winning entry is #5. Heading over to the contest post and looking through the comments and the trackbacks I found that Anton of Link Right Contests was entry #5 with his guess of Julia Child. The actual answer was incorrect so he won the $50 but not the bonus prize. I was a bit generous to 2 entries that commented and entered but did not give the link. I had to search their blog to find the answer. There were several that commented and gave a link to their blog but I could not find a post about the contest or any links back to this blog. Anywho....Congrats to Anton and thank you all so much for reading and taking the time to interact with this blog and really make it what it is. Oh and Anton you might want to consider some kind of Contact Me link for your blog. Other than trackback to your post and a comment I have no way to contact you regarding your winning entry. Having a Contact Me is one of the first things any blogger should

Give Viral Marketing A Chance !

==== Copy and Paste below this line ==== Instructions: Important Update - Please read here ! 1.) Copy and paste (for those of you using blogger post in the compose tab, not the edit html tab, of your post editor) the matrix of “ViralTags” below courtesy of Founders Cafe ( to support Jimmy’s quest of launching his own Internet Startup with a shoestring budget, please consider subscribing to his Full RSS Feed to see his triumphs and struggles in real time ). 2.) Substitute the Host Tag and one of the “Viral Tags” in the matrix with your anchor text of choice with your blog’s URL. Please keep anchor text to a max of 3 words to keep the matrix size manageable. 3.) When you get a ping back from someone that has your link in one of their “Viral Tags”, practice good karma by copying his/her Host Tag’s anchor text (automatically the associated link will also be copied) and paste it over one of your “Viral Tags” below. 4.) Encourage and invite your readers to do the same and soon this