Skip to main content

How I Got Banned From Adsense And How You Can Avoid It

Okay here is the story. I pissed of a person, which I won't name, in a forum, I won't name, and he started making a few threats that he would get my adsense account banned. Honestly I was new to the adsense game and I didnt' think anything of it at the time. I have learned a ton since then.

Then all of a sudden I noticed a huge increase in traffic and clicks. I thought this was suspicious so I investigated. I found that my sites had been placed, without my knowledge or consent, into a bunch of auto/manual surf programs and click exchanges. I immediately contacted the site admins to have my sites removed and also contacted google about the situation. I did this as soon as I noticed the problem. I got no response from google other than a basic form letter restating the google adsense policies to me. Then several days later I got the dreaded email from google saying my adsense account had been shut down.

Is it really this easy for someone to get you banned?? The short answer is yes it is really this easy. If you don't have the traffic, therefore a little clout, google will ban you pretty much no questions asked and no answers or explanations given. Well I went through the appeal process with google trying to get my account reinstated. I sent them copies of the forum posts, links to the posts, site logs, e-mails to and from the autosurf/click exchange, information from my google analytics, one site administrator even gave me the IP and other information of the person putting my sites up so that I could gave that information to google.

Honestly I don't think they even looked at any of it. My account was seemingly not imporatant as at the time I was only getting about 10 clicks a day. I simply got an e-mail back within literally hours of my appeal restating the adsense policies and saying my appeal had been denied. Again no real explanation and they did not even address all of my evidence and information.

Needless to say I submitted a second appeal with even more information. Once again, this time it was about a day, I received a response stating my appeal was denied. So that is it. Case and adsense account closed due to no wrongdoing of my own. So here is my tip to you on how to avoid being a target of a malicious attack like this. I wish I had learned this several months ago.

Install this script on your site.

Put this script directly after first <head> command


<Script language="JavaScript">
<!--
function out_of_frame()
{
if(window != top)
top.location.href = location.href;
}
// -->
</script>


Now replace your <body> with this


<body onLoad="out_of_frame();">

All autosurfs display your site in a iframe. This script will not allow your page to be loaded in a frame.

I hope this has been informative and helpful.

Just in case I'm too late, or if you simply want diversity, check out one of my previous posts on Adsense Alternatives. These are some really great programs with better payout terms than Adsense anyway.

later all and have a profitable and productive day

Comments

roundouts said…
Hey Cman,
sorry to hear about your adsense. some people are really unfair. Anyway, I thought you might be intrested in my latest post about disclosure policys
making money online

Popular posts from this blog

Give Viral Marketing A Chance !

==== Copy and Paste below this line ==== Instructions: Important Update - Please read here ! 1.) Copy and paste (for those of you using blogger post in the compose tab, not the edit html tab, of your post editor) the matrix of “ViralTags” below courtesy of Founders Cafe ( to support Jimmy’s quest of launching his own Internet Startup with a shoestring budget, please consider subscribing to his Full RSS Feed to see his triumphs and struggles in real time ). 2.) Substitute the Host Tag and one of the “Viral Tags” in the matrix with your anchor text of choice with your blog’s URL. Please keep anchor text to a max of 3 words to keep the matrix size manageable. 3.) When you get a ping back from someone that has your link in one of their “Viral Tags”, practice good karma by copying his/her Host Tag’s anchor text (automatically the associated link will also be copied) and paste it over one of your “Viral Tags” below. 4.) Encourage and invite your readers to do the same and soon this

What the F Does the C Stand 4

I know all of you have been waiting with baited breathe for my first contest. Well we are taking the plunge together. Here is the chance for all of you to win something for doing almost nothing. Hopefully you won't think this Contest is full of Sh-t . For many many years I have had the "nickname," I guess you could call it, of Cman. Here lately, probably due in part to #10 in my 10 Reasons John Chow Probably Thinks This Blog Is About Him article, I have been getting asked more and more what the C in Cman stands for. Herein lays the focus of this contest. For the person who can guess what the C in Cman stands for I will give them $100. If multiple people guess correctly the winner will be chosen by random drawing from among the correct entries. If no one guesses correctly I will randomly pick from all entries and will award the winner of the losers $20. Clarification: 1. In the words of Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez, "There can be only One." Winner that is. E

The Stripping Aristologist Contest Winner

Well as you can see from the above screen capture the winning entry is #5. Heading over to the contest post and looking through the comments and the trackbacks I found that Anton of Link Right Contests was entry #5 with his guess of Julia Child. The actual answer was incorrect so he won the $50 but not the bonus prize. I was a bit generous to 2 entries that commented and entered but did not give the link. I had to search their blog to find the answer. There were several that commented and gave a link to their blog but I could not find a post about the contest or any links back to this blog. Anywho....Congrats to Anton and thank you all so much for reading and taking the time to interact with this blog and really make it what it is. Oh and Anton you might want to consider some kind of Contact Me link for your blog. Other than trackback to your post and a comment I have no way to contact you regarding your winning entry. Having a Contact Me is one of the first things any blogger should