Skip to main content

Hold The Horns While I Milk The Cow - Or One Reason Why My Blog Is Better Than A Cow

BlogRush Cleans House


Well, well, well, It has been an eventful weekend but now it is back to the grind. Stopping by my inbox this morning to peruse the weekend mail and I see an email from the BlogRush crew. I figured it was probably another email about why the dashboard wasn't working or why my content wasn't being served properly, but no it was an email singing praises about this wonderful blog. Here read it in their own words.
Congratulations! You are receiving this update because your blog has passed our strict Quality Guidelines and criteria -- we believe you have a high-quality blog and we are happy you're a member of our network![emphasis added]

I knew I was good but wow now it is confirmed by a third party that I have a "high-quality" blog. At least John Reese and the boys (and girls) think I do. Well after reading this and busting the stitches on my hat I continued farther into the email. Here is where it gets interesting. Not only are they telling me what a "high-quality" fellow I am they are telling me how a bunch of you suck. !gasp! Yep, you read it right. BlogRush says that over 10,000 of you suck and are not "high-quality" like me. They cleaned house and eliminated blogs that couldn't cut it.
We've just completed a massive SWEEP of our entire network. We've removed over *10,000* blogs (Yes, ten thousand) that did not meet our new Quality Guidelines.[emphasis added]
Well that seems like a good idea to me. Get rid of the pyrite so there is no mistaking the gold. Did you make it through the BlogRush quality audit? This house cleaning will hopefully improve the articles being served up by blogrush, or at least the blogs.
You will notice the HUGE DIFFERENCE in the quality of blogs that now appear in your widget. This major *sweep* of our network will also increase the click-rates across the entire network and you will start to receive more traffic.
Well I sure hope so. I have been very disappointed in BlogRush. After the all they hype, to me, it just never quite got there. So now that BlogRush will be better since they kept a "high-quality" blog like mine around what are they going to do next?

They are stating that they are in the process of rolling out their "massive "Phase 2" upgrade to BlogRush. In the next few days..." Finally! I haven't had a dashboard since signing up. So we can all be expecting a new dashboard and new categories which should help with article relevancy. One thing they mentioned was a new "Thin Widget" option. Thank you BlogRush. That is one thing that has bothered me from the beginning. The widget fits in my sidebar but I visited quite a few "top" blogs and noticed the widget being cut off in the slimmer sidebars. How unprofessional of them. Maybe that is why I'm still here and they aren't ;).

I smoked a Brisket or Hold the horns while I milk the cow


Well the morning got even better as I was running through my feeds and noticed an article titled Banned From BlogRush. I clicked to read and saw it was from JohnCow.com. It looks as though John Reese and the team put the Cow out to pasture. Why? you ask. Their blog "did NOT meet BlogRush's[sic] strict quality guidelines." Now to me this doesn't make much sense. I think JohnCow.com is a pretty good blog, but according to the BlogRush team I am better. What do you think of BlogRush removing JohnCow.com? The Cow doesn't seem to quite get why they were removed either. According to the Cow they have over 1000 direct referalls into BlogRush, including JohnChow. This would seem to be a bad move on the part of BlogRush. I also noticed as did Mr. Cow that Reese turned off comments shortly after Mr. Cow published his rebuttal on the removal. I agree with Cow WTF Mr. Reese?

Did you make it through the BlogRush quality audit? What do you think of BlogRush removing JohnCow.com? What about BlogRush in general? Do you think the changes will save BlogRush?


later all and have a profitable and productive blogging day

Get more profitable and productive information by subscribing to my FEED and my newsletter! or clicking the links below to subscribe to my feed, bookmark my site, or add me to your favorites.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Give Viral Marketing A Chance !

==== Copy and Paste below this line ==== Instructions: Important Update - Please read here ! 1.) Copy and paste (for those of you using blogger post in the compose tab, not the edit html tab, of your post editor) the matrix of “ViralTags” below courtesy of Founders Cafe ( to support Jimmy’s quest of launching his own Internet Startup with a shoestring budget, please consider subscribing to his Full RSS Feed to see his triumphs and struggles in real time ). 2.) Substitute the Host Tag and one of the “Viral Tags” in the matrix with your anchor text of choice with your blog’s URL. Please keep anchor text to a max of 3 words to keep the matrix size manageable. 3.) When you get a ping back from someone that has your link in one of their “Viral Tags”, practice good karma by copying his/her Host Tag’s anchor text (automatically the associated link will also be copied) and paste it over one of your “Viral Tags” below. 4.) Encourage and invite your readers to do the same and soon this

The Ghost Of Ashwins Past

Wow some people are beyond pale. Here I am just coming off a somewhat major illness, making life changing decisions, quitting blogging, selling the site, and what response do I get? I get an email not wishing me well, but attacking me using somewhat harsh language and accusing me of pulling an Ashwin with the current contest . I am only giving away $50 bucks. Chillax I'm good for it. Here is my response to the email. SUCK IT! My actual response really wouldn't have been appropriate. Okay, first it is my blog and I'll do what I want with it. Second, I have been completely honest and upfront with contests and have always lived up to my word. Third, where in my last post did the word contest appear, and where in relation to that was a change in said contest mentioned? Funny thing is after tracking the persons entry it wasn't a valid entry anyway. He, oops, or she should have followed the rules. I have also decided that due to the length of the contest, and to give this guy

The Stripping Aristologist Contest Winner

Well as you can see from the above screen capture the winning entry is #5. Heading over to the contest post and looking through the comments and the trackbacks I found that Anton of Link Right Contests was entry #5 with his guess of Julia Child. The actual answer was incorrect so he won the $50 but not the bonus prize. I was a bit generous to 2 entries that commented and entered but did not give the link. I had to search their blog to find the answer. There were several that commented and gave a link to their blog but I could not find a post about the contest or any links back to this blog. Anywho....Congrats to Anton and thank you all so much for reading and taking the time to interact with this blog and really make it what it is. Oh and Anton you might want to consider some kind of Contact Me link for your blog. Other than trackback to your post and a comment I have no way to contact you regarding your winning entry. Having a Contact Me is one of the first things any blogger should